Friday, August 03, 2007

Masturbation Citation

What is the point in this blog?

Now don't worry. This isn't me getting all self-analytical, analysing the point in me being here and the point of life, the universe and everything. This is a porn blog after all, not MySpace.

The reason I ask the question is simple - because how many porn review sites have blogs these days? I don't mind admitting that I've written for one in the past and it was a largely boring and worthless experience as I was whipped along by a webmaster who insisted that every entry had a link to one of his reviews in, and also insisted I wasn't 'too controversial'. It would be unfair to just criticise that one blog though - most of these blogs do pretty much the same thing.

So are we doing the same thing as well? Well, I doubt anyone would believe me if I sat here and said that I don't want this blog to be a success and bring more readers and revenue to our company, and quite rightly so. Of course we want that. But we're desperately keen to make sure that people actually like reading this blog and actually feel as though you're reading something that was meant to be entertaining and interesting rather than just be an advert for our reviews.

Mind you, we don't want you to think we're being deliberately contrary either. As a community, we believe porn review sites are not nearly critical enough of the sites they review and that consumers deserve to read a resource that actually has the bottle not to worry about affiliates getting all shirty with them if they get a negative review. We hope we can be that resource. We also believe porn review blogs shouldn't need to be one long adverts for their reviews and be interesting to read. We hope we can be that blog.

Ooh, I feel all political now.